Why We Shouldn’t Wait For The Right Moment
Updated: Feb 5, 2019
How often do you get caught up waiting for the right moment to launch or even just plan to reach your goal? We never like to wait in line but we are more than content to wait for other things. People usually start “living healthy” on a Monday or first of the month or first of the year but no one plan to begin right this very second.
The same actions applies to doing something new like starting a business, going back to school, learning to play guitar, writing a book, or having a difficult conversation. We believe that challenging objectives require optimal conditions.
But why is this? The answer is fear…fear of change, fear of rejection, fear of failure or fear of success. Waiting is a clean excuse when we feel fear. All it takes is courage.
Perfect Conditions Are Not Necessary To Take Action.
1. Life is short. Like how our day is limited to 24 hours, our life also does have end. I am not saying you should be impulsive and not take caution anymore but acting now should be ideal.
2. Life will always be in the way. Just because it is your life doesn’t mean that external factors cannot shift your plans. It will always have something to add to spur up your life to better or maybe worsen. Point is, you should make time for the important things you want to do or accomplish. The longer you wait the harder it is to get started.
3. Waiting is passive. How often do you create your special moments? I bet not a lot. Most of our unique moments – such as feeling motivated, excited, time of opportunity, etc. – happen when something affects us. Well it doesn’t have to be that way. You definitely can create special moments whenever you choose. Plenty of good moments are happening each day, but you’re failing to make the most of them.
4. You don’t learn anything while you’re waiting. Do you notice how we start to read slower whenever we stop reading for a long period of time? The same goes with your skills. They get rusty when you don’t always use them or enhance them. Make the most of right now and you’ll be better prepared for the future.
5. Keep away from regret! Repeating it again, we don’t have all the time in the world to make things happen. Those who have waited too long have experienced feeling regret. Do you really want to look back in your life and say “If only I could have”? If you already are, lets change that mood and lets act now! I don’t know about you but I definitely want to look back and see how exciting and adventurous my life was.
6. Action means fulfillment. Taking action and failing is way much better than doing nothing at all. Besides, failure means new learning and not giving up. You will never know unless you try.
· Make your life interesting and fulfilling by deciding that right now is a good enough time to get started.
7. Waiting means lack of control. So much people have depression issues because they think that they have lost control of their lives. If you keep waiting it only shows that you have no control of your life because you can’t seem to take action. So what do you do? It just takes one decision. One decision to make a big impact on your life.
When you value yourself enough you will end up valuing your time. And when you value your time, you begin to make the most of it. Every single moment of your life is important because you are important. Stop waiting for the right moment to arrive. Conquer your life today!